Salted peanut caramel!?! Need I say more?
If you know me, then you’ll know I have a serious popcorn addiction. Being the salt-tooth that I am, I don’t usually enjoy sweet popcorn, and prefer to devour my popcorn with (vegan) butter and salt, or with nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavour….HOWEVER, this is my exception.
This salted peanut caramel and chocolate popcorn has some sweetness without being overbearing. The saltiness of the peanut butter caramel brings harmony to the sweetness, and the popcorn transforms itself into the snackfood of the Gods once drizzled with dark chocolate. So crisp, so lush, so hot right now.
Why not make up batch to wrap up and give to your friends as an impressive homemade treat? It will surprise you how easy it is to make!
Salted Peanut Caramel & Chocolate PopcornPrint
- 2 Tbsp water
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 4 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 pinches salt be generous; use more if using unsalted peanut butter
- 10 cups popped popcorn approx ⅓ cup unpopped kernels
- 100 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
Add the water and coconut sugar to a small saucepan, and heat on medium-low until starting to boil, swirling the saucepan occasionally (do not stir). Remove from heat.
Add the peanut butter and salt, then stir to combine.
- Add the popped popcorn to a large mixing bowl, then pour the peanut caramel on top and stir very well to coat evenly.
Spread the popcorn in a single layer on the baking trays. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until becoming golden brown and starting to crisp (it will crisp further when it's set).
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or double boiler.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn, then place in the refrigerator to set.
- Once set, break into pieces and enjoy
- Netflix and chiiiiilllllll
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure you use good quality chocolate for the best results. I recommend Lindt 70% Dark chocolate for a luscious vegan dark chocolate.
Please read the Silvobeat nutritional facts disclaimer.