After making this fragrant roasted almond dukkah, you’ll want to put it on everything as it’s so delicious! Dip your bread in it with some olive oil, put it all over your avocado, cauliflower, potatoes, tofu, soups, salads… just put it on!
This recipe is quick and easy to make as an accompaniment to a meal or snack. It makes the perfect little homemade gift for someone.
DUKKAH! I’m obsessed with saying dukkahdukkahdukkahdukkahdukkah really fast. 😂
Roasted Almond Dukkah
After making your own fragrant roasted almond dukkah, you'll want to put it on everything as it's so delicious! Dip your bread in it with some olive oil, put it all over your avocado, cauliflower, potatoes, tofu, soups, salads... just put it on! The best bit? It only takes five minutes to make.
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 Tbsp white sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup roasted almonds
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp pink salt
- Grind the coriander, cumin and fennel seeds in a mortar and pestle until they're crushed well with a slightly coarse texture – but without grinding them into powder.
Heat a small frying pan or skillet over medium heat, then add the white sesame seeds and the ground seed mixture. Toast for 3-4 minutes, frequently stirring to ensure even toasting and to prevent burning. Remove from the heat when it's starting to release smoke and some seeds may begin to pop. Keep the mixture in the hot pan but off the heat for a few more minutes, still stirring frequently as the hot pan will continue to toast them.
- Add the almonds to the mortar and pestle and grind until they have broken down into small chunks.
- Add all the ingredients including salt and pepper together in a bowl and stir to combine.
- If you don't have a mortar and pestle, you can grind the seeds in a coffee grinder, or place them in a ziplock bag and gently bash with a rolling pin.
- Don't like almonds? Feel free to substitute them with your favourite nuts such as cashews, macadamias, etc.
- Store in an airtight jar at room temperature.
Please read the Silvobeat nutritional facts disclaimer.