Once you see how vibrant, delicious and fresh this pesto is, you’ll never again buy it from the shops! My lemon and basil pesto is vegan, gluten-free, creamy, zesty, smells sensational…
It’s outright awesome.
Make this in just five minutes and use it for so many things; pasta, salads, on pizza or tart bases, on sandwiches, or whenever a recipe calls for pesto. You might want to double the recipe as I don’t think it will last long in your fridge!
I know mine doesn’t. 😋
Lemon and basil pesto pairs perfectly with:
- Homemade Tofu Gnocchi with Blistered Tomatoes.
- Korean BBQ Tempeh & Salsa
- Mediterranean Soba Noodle Salad
- Meaty, Nut Neatballs
Five Minute Lemon & Basil Pesto
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves firmly packed, with stems
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove small, minced
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast optional
- pinch salt generous
- pinch cracked black pepper generous
Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until well combined, but not completely smooth (leave a few small chunks for some texture). You may need to scrape down the sides of the processor halfway through processing to ensure everything gets blended.
- For a lower-fat version, substitute 2 Tbsp of the olive oil for 1 Tbsp water. Add a little extra water if it's too thick after processing.
- You can find nutritional yeast at your local health food store.
- Nutritional yeast is not the same as dry yeast used in baking.
- You can make this recipe ahead of time. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Please read the Silvobeat nutritional facts disclaimer.