It’s getting all festive up in here! It was just one month before Christmas when I made this creamy broccolini salad with coconut bacon, so why not make it look like a Christmas wreath to celebrate!? 🤗🎅
This broccolini salad has all the trimmings: coconut bacon, sliced almonds, currants, and a creamy and zesty dijon, yogurt, and mayonnaise dressing (that has inspired some plate licking). 😋
I’ll be making this again for my family on Christmas day… I’ll have my whole family over at my place for Christmas this year so they will all be plant-based for the day! 😂🙆
Looking for some meal ideas for the festive season? Check out our recipe roundup of our favourites for the holidays!
Creamy Broccolini Salad with Coconut Bacon
It's getting all festive up in here! This broccolini salad has all the trimmings: coconut bacon, sliced almonds, currants, and a creamy and zesty dijon, yogurt, and mayonnaise dressing (that has inspired some plate licking), all arranged as a wreath – the perfect accompaniment for the silly season!
- 2 bunches broccolini about 400 g (14⅒ oz)
- ⅓ cup natural almonds sliced, optional
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ red onion very finely diced
- 1 cup coconut bacon
Steam the broccolini until cooked, but still a little crispy and vibrant (about 5-7 minutes).
- Rinse well under cold water to cool and to stop them from cooking further.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Alternatively add all the ingredients to a jar, close with the lid and then shake well to combine.
- Arrange the broccolini onto serving plates. Season with a pinch of salt. Drizzle the dressing over the broccolini then top with almonds, currants, red onion, and coconut bacon.
- You can find nutritional yeast at your local health food store.
- Nutritional yeast is not the same as dry yeast used in baking.
- You can make this recipe ahead of time. You can prepare all the ingredients up to the end of step 2, and then store them in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to two days. Continue with step 3 when you're ready to serve.
Please read the Silvobeat nutritional facts disclaimer.