Inspired by a dish I fell in love with about ten years ago at a Sichuan restaurant, this chilli smoked tofu and peanut salad combines with a freshness and crunchiness that makes this a winning recipe, my friends.
And best of all, it takes just ten minutes to prepare with zero cooking required!
The restaurant no longer has this on the menu, so I had to rely on my memories of the meal to re-create this recipe. When I tasted the first forkful, my eyes rolled back into my head, and a huge grin spread across my face from ear to ear.
I did it. It tastes exactly as I remember!
Try not to be alarmed by the amount of chilli oil that goes into this. The heat level is medium, so if you like chilli, you’ll be able to handle it.
My chilli smoked tofu and peanut salad would make a perfect side plate, or you could serve it up with some rice, quinoa, or greens for a substantial meal in itself.
Chilli Smoked Tofu and Peanut Salad
Chilli smoked tofu and peanut salad combines a freshness, crunchiness, and a zippy 10 minute preparation time to make this a winning recipe.
- 200 g smoked tofu
- 1½ Tbsp salted beer nuts
- 2½ Tbsp chilli oil
- 2 tsp tamari or substitute with soy sauce
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- Cut the tofu into thin strips, about ½ cm (⅕") wide.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chilli oil, tamari, and chilli flakes.
- In a large bowl, add the tofu strips, peanuts, and coriander leaves. Drizzle the chilli oil mixture on top and toss gently to combine.
- Smoked tofu can be found at your local health food store.
Please read the Silvobeat nutritional facts disclaimer.