Who said tacos had to be savoury!? These caramelised banana and blueberry tacos are heavenly goodness encased in a warm tortilla for you to hold. The light nuttiness of tahini, the smooth, creamy yogurt, and the crunchiness of the cacao nibs and coconut flakes wil make breakfast the high point of your day.
I love a good breakfast taco! Food is so much better when eaten with your hands, and breakfast is no exception. You can have this warm tortilla in your hand in just 15 minutes!
Caramelised Banana & Blueberry Tacos
Who said tacos had to be savoury!? These caramelised banana and blueberry tacos are heavenly goodness encased in a warm tortilla for you to hold. ¡Olé!
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 bananas ripe, peeled, and sliced lengthways into ½cm (⅕") slices
- 100 g fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp vanilla-flavoured soy yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp tahini heaped
- 1½ Tbsp shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs
Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Heat a medium-sized, heavy-based, non-stick or cast iron skillet on medium heat on the stove. Add the coconut oil and once it's melted, add the sliced bananas. Fry the bananas until they're golden brown on both sides, making sure to rotate them frequently so they won't stick to the pan.
- Top the warm tortillas with the fried bananas and drizzle with tahini, yoghurt, and maple syrup. Top with blueberries and sprinkle with coconut and cacao nibs. Serve immediately.
- Bananas can be substituted with plantains if available.
Please read the Silvobeat nutritional facts disclaimer.