Who said tacos had to be savoury!? The light nuttiness of tahini and smooth, creamy yogurt enhance the delicious caramelised bananas and fresh blueberries. The cacao nibs and coconut flakes add a satisfying crunch, and all this heavenly goodness is encased in a warm tortilla for you to (be)hold.
I love a good breakfast taco! Food is so much better when eaten with your hands, and breakfast is no exception. You can have this warm tortilla in your hand in just 15 minutes!
Caramelised Banana & Blueberry Tacos
Yield 4 tacos
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced lengthways into ½cm (⅕") slices
- 100g (3.5oz) fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp vanilla favoured coconut or soy yoghurt
- 1 heaped Tbsp tahini
- 1½ Tbsp shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Heat a medium-sized, heavy-based, non-stick or cast iron skillet on medium heat on the stove. Add the coconut oil and once it's melted, add the sliced bananas. Fry the bananas until they're golden brown on both sides, making sure to rotate them frequently so they won't stick to the pan.
- Top the warm tortillas with the fried bananas and drizzle with tahini, yoghurt, and maple syrup. Top with blueberries and sprinkle with coconut and cacao nibs. Serve immediately.
- Bananas can be substituted with plantains if available.
Cuisine Breakfast; Dessert