Beetroot and passionfruit salad highlights that opposites do attract! Fresh and vibrant, with intriguing flavours, and it only takes a few minutes to throw together!
The perfect balance of sweetness and tartness comes from the beets and fruit, brought together with a zesty orange dressing, and delightful crunch from the toasted macadamias. It makes this an ideal summer salad and can be served as a main or as a side dish.
Beetroot and Passionfruit Salad
Beetroot and passionfruit salad highlights that opposites do attract! Add a drizzle of orange dressing and you have the perfect mid-week summer meal!
- 120 g baby spinach leaves
- 250 g beetroot pre-roasted, cut into wedges (approximately 5 small beetroots)
- 4 passionfruit
- 125 g blackberries (optional)
- ½ cup toasted macadamia nuts halved (optional)
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves torn
- 2 radish small (or 1 large), finely sliced
- 4 Tbsp fresh orange juice 1 large orange
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Arrange the spinach on a serving platter or individual plates. Scatter the beetroot on top. Garnish with torn basil leaves, radish, blackberries, and macadamia nuts.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over the top of the salad.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the pulp from 3 of the passionfruit and drizzle each spoonful over the salad to garnish.
- Cut the remaining passionfruit in half and serve it on the side of the salad (sprinkle with a little sugar if desired).
- Serve with wild rice or quinoa to turn the dish into a main meal.
- Some supermarkets now sell pre-roasted beetroots in the fruit and vegetable section. Alternatively, you can pre-cook them yourself.
Please read the Silvobeat nutritional facts disclaimer.